Seoul Incheon International Airport (ICN)
Driving Directions / Travel by Car
(Seoul, Republic Of Korea)
Around one hours' drive from the city of Seoul, Incheon International Airport (ICN) is close to its own expressway, which is around 40 km / 25 miles in length and contains up to eight different lanes. There are only five exit ramps located along the expressway, which join other major roads, such as the Belt Way, Gangbyeonbungno, Jayuro and Olympic expressways.
The airport enjoys an island setting and stands directly west of Incheon, close to Sammok Harbour. Also nearby and on the western side of Seoul Incheon Airport are Ansan, Anyang, Gwangmyeong, Nucheon and Seongnam, amongst many other large towns and cities.
Directions to Incheon International Airport (ICN) from Seoul city centre:
- The airport is connected to Seoul city centre by the Incheon International Airport Expressway
- The expressway is a toll highway and is used solely for traffic to and from the airport, meaning that there are no turnoffs and that the journey is usually fast
- Vehicles are charged according to size, with the following categories: compact, small=sized, medium-sized and large-sized
- Drivers and not permitted to join the Incheon International Airport Expressway between the Seoul entrances and the airport entrances
- Incheon Airport is well sign posted from the expressway, being easy to locate from most directions